Federal Investor Program
In order to qualify under the Federal Investor program, potential applicants must demonstrate:
- A minimum of 2 years experience (within the last 5 years) in running a business OR in a management position where you have managed at least 5 full-time employees (or a combination of both);
- A net worth of at least $1.6 million CAD that was legally obtained;
- Willingness to make an investment of $800,000 CAD (financing may be available) with an authorized financial intermediary.
Quebec Investor Program
In order to qualify under the Investor program in Quebec, potential applicants must:
- Have net assets of at least $1.6 million CAD that was acquired through lawful economic activities, excluding donations received in the last 6 months;
- Sign an investment undertaking agreement for $800,000 CAD with an authorized financial intermediary;
- Have a minimum of 2 years management experience (in the last 5 years) in a profitable and legal farming, commercial or industrial business, or in a legal professional business, where the investor has employed the equivalent of 2 full time employees, or in an international agency or in governmental agency or department;
- Intend to settle in Quebec.
Under the Quebec Investor program, the net assets can be the sum of the assets of the principal application and their spouse or common-law partner. This is not the case for the Federal Investor program.