Federal Skilled Worker
Since June 2009, the Federal Skilled Worker category is restricted to those whom:
- Have 1 year of full time continuous work experience in an occupation specified on the Occupations List OR
- Have an arranged employment offer from a Canadian employer
In addition to the above requirement, an application will be assessed by taking into consideration an applicant’s
- English and/of French abilities;
- Work experience;
- If you are married, your spouse’s education;
- Previous work or study in Canada;
- Close relatives in Canada.
It should be noted that the Government have also introduced a cap of 10,000 per year (500 maximum on each occupation) for applications that can be processed under the Eligible Occupations list. This cap does not apply to those applying under the arranged employment program.